Limphoid Question?

My five year old has this lump on his neck I was told not to worry b/c it was his lymphoid by his doc. about thre years ago but people see it and freak out asking me whats wrong ? It is normal for them or one of the to stick out like a lump????

Mybabies1N5

Asked by Mybabies1N5 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Your son has a lymph node that is so swollen that people notice it and you haven't had it rechecked for 3 years? It needs to be checked. A large swollen node could be very bad news including lymphoma, cancer. It can also be other things.

My children have had them and they have common variable immune deficiency (CVID). This is a rare genetic disease of the immune system that involves the lymph system. People with CVID are at high risk for lymphoma so we alway are on the lookout for swollen nodes.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It should not be visible. Often times they swell up because of infection. But should return normal was the infection is cleared. I use garlic when mine swell up. Take him to another dr.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2009