Everyone can be gorgeous.

Yes, even you. So whats the deal? Did you get ready without a mirror? That being said...why dont you ask for help??

courtneynicole1

Asked by courtneynicole1 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Everybody really can be gorgeous, but you have to get out of the mindset that you aren't pretty unless you plaster on makeup every morning and spend hours on your hair while teetering in torturous stiletto heels!

A beautifully made-up gal can be just as ugly as a sweatsuited, makeup-free mom...if they both have the same attitude. It's all about the attitude, mamas. There is nothing wrong with running around in PJs (I'm still in mine and it's almost noon :), but there is something wrong with using motherhood as an excuse to not take care of yourself, or only dressing up for others. You should be dressing up not for your 1-year old or strangers at the grocery store or even for your husband, but for yourself. My 14mo son could care less if I get dressed or put on mascara, but he sure as heck notices when I'm grumpy and depressed because I feel like I've completely gone to pot.

AJerabek

Answer by AJerabek at 11:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2009

• Well, today gorgeous wasn't high on my priority list. I stayed home with my two year old and did laundry and housework. Then during his nap, I sprayed weeds.

Seriously, though. Whenever I go out, I always wear a nice outfit, do my hair and makeup. I understand what you mean about some people walking around in their PJ's with bed-head.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• ehhh timeglass, we all are doing that very same thing. In some way or another anyway, except some of us still find time to look hott........and others just seem to not care
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• hahaha i do- but no one seems to like to help me out.
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Why on Earth would I wear make up and get all dressed up to do the dishes? Really?!?! When my front door opens I do have my stuff together. When I'm relaxing or doing house work, then the sweats are on and the hair is pulled back! Who do I need to impress? My 1 year old?
    Faiths_mommy08

Answer by Faiths_mommy08 at 4:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• I'm ugly. You can't make an ugly person gorgeous. ....And on top of that, the so-called "fashionable" clothes are uncomfortable as heck. So why bother?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2009

• Oh, and one disclaimer: I'm not your typical fashionista. I don't own any expensive designer clothes, and my eyeliner is 99 cents at Wal-Mart. I'm definitely not who you'd expect to be telling you to take time for yourself and find the clothing, shoes, accessories, and makeup that make you feel great, but somebody needs to tell moms that they can be just as attractive, if not more attractive than those ridiculously skinny single girls in all the fashion magazines.

Just my two cents.

---------------

(I even started an online magazine for moms by moms to prove my point. If you agree with me, and want to join our community of readers, you can check it out at Make Me a Hot Mama Magazine (www.makemeahotmama.com)).

AJerabek

Answer by AJerabek at 11:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2009