Did your baby have a fever while cutting their first tooth?

My 7 month old has been running a fever for about 12 hours now with out any other symptoms. He is eating fine, just fussy. I have a 6 year old and I am having a hard time remembering how long his fever lasted or if he even had one when he was teething.

MammaGraves

Asked by MammaGraves at 12:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, both of mine did. A fever that is over 103 or lasts more than 48 hours is cause for concern. Well, at least according to my doctor!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My babies did not had a fever but they were really fussy. But my pediatrician told me that it is pretty common for babies when they are teething to have a fever . But if is under 103 not to be worry but if it get higher to take them to the hospital.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my daughter did, shes 4 months, but thats just because she got sick for a different reason but so far other than that, she has not had a fever. try some teething tablets for your baby
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2009