Do you believe dreams have significant meanings? Other than what the dream books tell you..

I keep having these dreams about my husband leaving me for another woman. I know part of it is paranoia cuz that's the worst that could happen, the other is because I'm on here reading about other people's husbands cheating on them so it's in my subconscience. I honestly don't think he is or ever would, but I have these dreams anyway. I've had dreams like that before about other boyfriends and they turned out to be true. I've had alot of other dreams that have come true as well (such as death and certain deja vue type things), nothing that I could subconsciencely (spelling) control. Is there any leverage here?

mumma28

Asked by mumma28 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i don't think they mean much, in reality. i think your subconscious mind is working, and in your sleep-state, you are still thinking about something, sometimes. you have trust issues, with your man..as your history indicated, and is validated..for you. he may not be the cheating type, just because others were. perhaps you should talk to him about this, before worrying about your dreams. JMO
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They could mean something, I would pray to seek teh meaning of these dreams :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I do talk to him about this and he thinks I'm paranoid and maybe I am. I think he works so much and I hardly ever see him, and he says he's never given me a reason not to trust him...but they all say that. I should just believe him, but ya, I do have trust issues, I have my whole life. before i started dating, even, I used to think my dad cheated on my mom, but I know he didn't, at least I'm pretty sure...I dunno
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Right before I got married and for like the first year, I had dreams that my husband was cheating on me or was going to leave me. I think it was because we are a young couple, just starting out and almost entering into the "unknown." Will we make it relationshipwise and even financially? Was everything I gave up to marry him worth it? I think dreams of cheating and/or abandonment reflect on subconcious fears about new steps we take in our relationships, added responsibilities and our ability to handle those things.

I also think that the dream phase is the brain's way of ridding itself of unnecessary information. Perhaps someone that knows they have enough inner confidence to overcome obstacles has a brain that also knows that therefore, subconscious fears about responsibility are unnecessary :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think that some dreams have a deeper meaning. And other dreams are just dreams. Just your mind wandering at night and it often reflects whatever you're going through in your life in the current moment.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I hate these dreams, I wake up in the middle of the night, oftentimes, and I look at my husband next to me and I wanna beat the shit out of him, but then I realize he was next to me the whole time, so I fall back to sleep...It's just that they seem so real, it takes me a minute to come back to reality. Alot of my dreams are like that. Sometimes I can't be sure if I really did something, or if I dreamt of it. Like for instance, I dreamt I had a food item in the pantry, and in the morning when I looked forit, and it wasn't there, I got allpissed off until I realized it was a dream....Does anyone else's dreams affect their reality at times?
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Our minds are like a filing cabinet, collecting things weve seen, done, thought about, or heard about. And our dreams are our mind's way of sorting all those files, which is why sometimes you have totally rediculous dreams, and other times they seem real or make sence. Dont take dreams too seriously. Sure they could mean something, but it doesnt mean its going to happen.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• dont worry its normal I have dreams like that all the time it could mean the oppisite or that you just love him and you dont want him to leave u and what ever u read about or think about and its stuck in ur head you will probably end up dreaming about it,but I go through the same thing, I think your okay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yeah, I never have dreams that make sense if I try to "interpret" them with a dream book. Most of them give you the most obscure meaning for things, it's just nuts. So, I believe that ALL dreams have some kind of meaning. There are realease dreams (dreams where your spirit is trying to help you "work through problems in your life that you may not even recognize), astral projection dreams (these are actual trips that your spirit takes while you are asleep) and precognitive dreams( de ja vue type dreams).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "Do you believe dreams have significant meanings? Other than what the dream books tell you.."

yes I do.. and a dream book is about interpretation.. if you know how to interpret it... you can find a lot of hidden truths..

you've said yourself you have a fear that's been build into your subconscious because of seeing others being cheated on..

being cheated on in a dream means you have a fear of being alone.. seems fitting to me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009