Do you analyze your dreams?

I've always had the strangest dreams. They say that dreams have significant meaning. When I think of mine, I pick out the symbols in them. They're usually very scary and dramatic and I think of what my subconscious is using them to represent. I also believe dreams are a kind of hint of the future (they always have been for me), so I get really worried when I have symbolic nightmares. Do you think about your dreams? Do you think they mean anything? Have any of your weird dreams come true or later meant something. I had a long, scary one last night. In the end of all my fear and desperate trying, I failed, was mocked, hurt, lost loved ones, and the alarm went off.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 12:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've had two dreams come true. One was a dream I had when I was around 13 about the man I would marry.

I later met him when I was 15 and remembered the dream and recognized that he was the same person  I saw in it.  We've been together 27 years...married 25 almost.

The second dream was when I was two months pregnant. I didn't know what our baby was going to be yet. I dreamt a doctor told me my son scored "off the charts" for what I understood in my dream to be intelligence.

I had a son and he is showing signs of giftedness.

So, I pay attention to dreams.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I always have had dreams that came true, actually I have a post about a recurring one in religion and beliefs, I've dreamt of the death of all my grandparents, my uncle, my late fiance, the lady I clean for, just about everyone I was close to. Prior to Michael Jackson and farrah fawcett's deaths I had two simultaneous dreams about funerals. just didnt know who they were for until i saw it for real...I had dreams about exes who cheated on me...which was one of the dreams I had about my husband...although I don't believe he is (he gives me no reason other than I'm at home all day while he works).. I've had dreams about places I've lived or was about to visit. I had dreams about meeting people before I met them...I take them extremely seriously u could say
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes i still cant figure mine out though, i used to have a notebook by the bed so i could write them down that way i wouldnt forget them
    just a wild thought but sometimes i think dreams can be linked to hormonal changes/raging hormones ;)
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yeah. I guess I am getting pretty old *sigh*
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I dreamed about a car accident a week or two before I had it.
    Also I dreamed that a Grandfather of mine came back to life. He was at the hospital he died in, and was just there to "check on the little boy" my cousin was in the dream too, she was in a bathroom stall that was supposed to be a hospital room (It didn't even seem odd to me that it was a bathroom, and not a regular room) Anyway, he went into the "room" and came back out, said something about the baby boy (I can't remember what, I was under the impression he said baby was fine). Then I don't remember anything after that, and I think the dream was over.
    ANYWAY, That same cousin found out she was pregnant a few months later, and she was already in her 22nd week or so. At 25 weeks they did an emergency C-section because she had some sort of infection in her blood, and almost a month later the little boy (Mikey) died.
    So I believe my Grandfather was telling me something
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• But I don't know what. Could the outcome have been different if I had known enough to translate the dream better? I have no idea... I know the dream and the actual outcome were related though.

Also, I had a dream where I went to the store and got something with the word "JASON" on it, and the next day I went and got some J/A/S/O/N sunscreen, and realized on the way home while looking at it, that I had the dream.

When I was 17, I was renting a house from my Grandmother. I was always partying and had a bunch of friends over all of the time (they never left, really, but it was always the same group of people)
    I dreamed that this spanish speaking girl came over, and started an argument with me, and talked to my friends trying to make them turn against me, and I ended up throwing plates at her in a rage..... (I think that was my anger translated into/from a Disturbed song, Droppin' Plates lol).
    Well the next day the
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• dream was weighing heavy on my emotions, and I called my boyfriend and told him about it.
    Well she showed up with my best friend later that day. She was unaware of how cllose me and my best friend were, and started telling her these stories about me that my best friend knew couldn't be true! Then she gave me some dirty looks, and talked a little more trash and left. I didn't talk to her much, and didn't throw plates at her, lol. I was respectful, and was just so excited that I had dreamed of it beforehand! Because that was my first "prophetic" dream ever.
    I called my boyfriend I was so excited! He answered the phone "hello" and I said "She's HERE!"
    He said "who??" "The girl in my dream!!" He was in awe, and thought it was the coolest thing ever, and told me not to throw plates at her, lol.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• OH! I have to add that in the baby boy Mikey dream, The hospital that my Grandpa died in was ALSO the hospital were She had the C-section, and where Mikey died. Usually our family goes to a different hospital, those are the only two experiences I have had with that hospital.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009