Similac Alimentum Problems!

I just today switched my 3 mth old daughter's formula to Similac Alimentum because she has severe eczema and I heard this may help... Well her first bottle of it was at 7pm and 1-2 hours later she was screaming crying which is not like her at all. She cried for about 10 minutes straight and was unconsolable! Possibly could be just starting to teethe but after her next bottle the same thing happened but the crying did not last as long. Could this be really bad gas? Has anyone experienced this with this particular formula?? Any thoughts???

k2ski10

Asked by k2ski10 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby had really bad eczema and was showing signs of milk protein allergy....we tried several formulas...and similac alimentum was one of them...my baby spit up terribly on that one, but did not have gas. We finally landed on similac soy which is working really well for us.
    Jacksmommy1027

Answer by Jacksmommy1027 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• From what I've read this formula is supposed to stop baby crying. Did your doctor recommend the switch to this formula?

Have you considered relactating?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had my two babies taking that Similac Alimentum and it worked great specially with the baby girl she had severe reflex so I mixed this formula with oatmeal cereal and it worked fantastic.No either one of my babies had a gas problems with this formula.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2009