Is this weird?

I already know what I want my funeral to be like. Now, I know that's not weird, that's just being prepared for the inevitable. But I know that I want my funeral to be black tie. Sorry, I wasn't able to have a black tie event for my wedding, so I want one for my funeral. I want to be buried in my wedding gown, and possibly have a cocktail party afterward instead of a dinner at the church hall. Is it unreasonable to expect my family and friends to dress for my funeral? Probably, but if they love me, the will fulfill my last request! Maybe I can arrange for someplace to rent tuxes for a discount! LOL

Lesli

Asked by Lesli at 12:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HA! I love it, I already picked out the music I want put on a CD at my viewing. Strange but true!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• OK, hopefully it works out as you plan, but you wont even be there to enjoy, shame!
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i think it;s pretty stupid... sorry to be blunt.. it's jmo. if i die before my husband i want him to have me cremated, throw a party with all of our friends and family, and take a vacation somewhere beautiful and spread my ashes... the end.. why waste so much money, and take up perfectly good ground space when you are DEAD... you won't know the difference... why shouldn;t people remember you in a happy way?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I just want to buried with my ass up. So the world can kiss my ass goodbye!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Maybe you could have an anniversary party or renewal of vows party so you can enjoy it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• anon :40

that's sort of the point, it would be a party! It would just be a fancy party! I am not one for casual parties like a backyard BBQ. Its not me, and I don't enjoy them. Matter of fact the only casual party I ever went to, I met my DH at.

Also I don't agree with cremation at this time. My grandmother was cremated and I hated it. It was so cold and impersonal. My parents want to go that way too and I will honor their wishes but I hate that whole idea. It makes me want to cry when I think about it.

ronjwake--I want to be buried on my side, cause that's the way I sleep.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Besides what difference does it make if they spend the money throwing a black tie party or taking a vacation to spread my ashes somewhere?

Gailll, yes it would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen. My family is very casual, which is why I didn't get my black tie wedding. I could have made it very formal and a lot of my family would still have come in jeans! Mind you their best jeans, but still. Its not due to poverty either. There are certain members of my family that just won't dress up for anything.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I have a few suggestions for my service, but it's really up to those left behind. I do however have my husband's funeral planned. Not that I'm planning his demise or anything. LOL
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Lesli ~ The only difficult part to that sort of funeral planning is that you cannot plan the day you will actually have the funeral so the people who attend cannot make plans ahead of time.
    For instance, with a wedding, guests generally receive an invitation a month or so before the big day so they can request the time off from work, purchase their apparel, make trip reservations, and gather money together for the trip.
    For a funeral, which is 99% of the time last minute, cannot be expected of guests to arrive as if they had enough time's notice to prepare and plan for it.

I think it would be wonderful for everyone who attends your funeral to dress in high style, but since you won't be there to enjoy it, just let your guests (aka: mourners) come as they are. It is the love they have for you in their hearts that matter the most. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My plans for my funeral are for me to be dressed naturally - not dressy - because that is my style. I don't want a whole bunch of morgue makeup plastered on my face because it is so easy to notice. If I die in a terrible fashion that messes up my face, then keep the casket closed. I just want a simple funeral with my loved ones remembering me as I was (am) and supporting each other in love of me.
    I told my husband that we have to find a specific burial area. It has to be grassy, near a tree, and possibly with a water feature nearby. I enjoy nature and I want nature to continue on around me. I want a family headstone that would be large enough for me and my husband because I want my husband buried next to me when it is his time to die.
    Everyone knows to never, ever place lillies on my grave - I hate lillies. I much prefer carnations and lilacs or whatever lovely flower anyone wants to leave. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009