is it normal for my 3 week old son to be loosing his hair?

Claudita

Asked by Claudita at 12:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes ma'am. it could come back a new color and texture. my DD was born with jet black hair. now platinum blonde
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yup completely normal.. it'll come back!!! don't be suprised if he has bald spots too!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Definitely normal :) and he'll probably get cradle crap too, so don't be scared...I know its a disgusting name and I'm almost positive that I spelt that wrong, but that's what they call it. It's like a crusty peeling thing of their scalp. Some babies get it, some don't...but don't worry either way. :)
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I was just thinking about this earlier during bath time with my DD. She was born with a TON of thick black curly hair. Almost all of it fell out and now has grown back *at seven months* thinner, light brown and stick straight. She has a bald spot still tho it's filling in and she had cradle cap but her Pedi gave a special shampoo that got rid of it really quickly.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I always wondered who was loosing more hair, my daughter or me (after I gave birth, my hair started falling out). It is completely normal, it is their baby hair and when their real hair comes in, it may look all different. I was born light blonde and now have just plain old yucky brown hair.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It is completely normal. My youngest daughter was born with thick,dark hair, and within a few weeks it was gone. Also, I saw someone mention cradle cap. If that happens, just rub some baby oil on her head, then comb through. Presto, no more cradle cap!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009