any advice for a single teenage mom?

i am 17. i am expecting my baby girl soon. the father left the night we found out i was pregnant. he took off in the middle of the night while i was sleeping. he now lives states away and refuses to be here for us. he says he will send child support, but hes a pathelogical liar. idk how i am going to do this on my own. i am so depressed right now, will it be different after she is here? a lot of young girls including my friends are pregnant around here and it's hard seeing them with their babys father. it tears me apart.

kyleeannebaby

Asked by kyleeannebaby at 12:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I really have a lot of advice I could offer you. I have a 17 year old cousin in a VERY similar situation....Your going to be just fine, he sounds like a loser. I think you will suprise yourself, because it sounds like you want to be a good mother. If thats true, then you dont need to worry about it, just do it.. Be a good mommy to your wonderful little baby, and nothing less. I would love to hear more about your situation and offer any help I can. Because I think I could at least help in giving an experienced voice of reason with your best interest in mind.....message me if you need to talk about anything. I will be honest with you and tell you what you need to change and also encourage you when you feel like giving up.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• get a good support system! it does take a village to raise a child!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You can handle it, that's why you're going through it! Stay in school and focus on yourself and that baby.
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• breastfeed.. it will help you connect with the baby, ward off PPD, and is FREE.

dad not being around is more the reason to pour yourself into baby girl. she's going to change your life and it's up to you to focus on the positive. best wishes to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• its better if hes not there cuz if he stayed he probably would have ran off at an even worse time, like when the babies acyually here and crying...etc. you'll get used to it.

my mom had me at 15...no parental help, no man to help, my dad left and I still dont care for him, and she had me im healthy and we're close
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• amen motherhubbard.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009