Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

public housing?

should i attempt to get public housing? is there any not so ghetto? how long does it take to get it? i am a single expecting mom and currently living with my mom.


Asked by kyleeannebaby at 1:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Section 8 is also called HUD assisted. You might be able to find HUD approved apts in a regular complex. Sometimes the government will give a regular complex help if they will offer a few of their units as HUD.

    Also, you can look for small homes that are HUD. My sister and her husband built a home totally to be rented as HUD. The renter pays a part of the rent and the government pays the other half. For some landlords, its a more reliable way to rent their property out.

    Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • no but you can get rent and food money from the state that'll help learn a proffesion so you can support yourself

    Answer by mirit.rose at 1:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • I dont know, but I bet if you go to the closet ghetto and flag someone down they will be more than happy to help you, because we are sure they know right?!?!

    Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • low income housing is your willingness to live a low standard of living. try section 8 instead...they are vouchers given to low income people and you choose where you live.
    I have lived in several low income complexes and they all have the same bs
    even in the smaller towns.
    Look in the goverment section of the white pages and there should be a housing it and ask about section 8

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • expect to wait a year or longer. Especially since you are not an emergency case, you are in a safe situation where your at to them. Section 8 housing is usually done through the same place as public housing and takes about the same amount of time.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2009