my 4 1/2 month old daughter has a little cough or something....

The past few days, shes been coughing a lot. It's not like a hack it up cough, its little soft coughs but about 10 in a row....

She just got over being sick with a virus in her intestines and belly, do you think its just something that came along with that?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not saying this is what it is but my daughter coughs on purpose. She is the same age as your daughter. She figured out a new sound, and she likes to do it. If you are to worried about, I would call the doctor.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• thats what i was thinking at first, but i didnt know if she is too young to understand that and do it. ill keep an eye on it :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Might also be allergies. My daughter is 4 months old and has horrible allergies. She is always sneezing and coughing.
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If there are no other symptoms, I wouldn't worry too much. If a fever or runny nose or something else develops, call the doctor. If not, its likely just a new sound baby figured out how to make. The risk of picking up something at the doctor doesn't seem worth the trip for this case...but thats just what I would do.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2009