how can i get my little girl to take a bottle ?

i nurse her and will not take to a bottle but im in high school still and when school start she will be n the nursey at the school

kieramommy

Asked by kieramommy at 1:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, make sure it's breastmilk in the bottle. Formula has a very nasty smell and taste that will make her hate bottles. So you need a pump if you don't already have one. (wic can give you one for free) Let someone else try giving her the bottle while holding a shirt or blanket that smells like you. Super kudos for nursing her through school =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't have any advice for you, sorry. I just wanted to lend my support. My first wouldn't take a bottle so I understand. I agree with jus1jess, plus I would add to let someone else try to give it to her. A million people offered that suggestion for me (didn't work LOL, but I thought I would pass it along LOL). Good luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You don't say how old your baby is. Your baby may be able to drink from a cup. My son lost his job and his wife had to go back to work. My grandson is 8 months. He could drink from a cup at 7 months but made a big mess. I usually give him liquids by spoon. He also likes it when you fill a straw and let it go into his mouth.

It would be great if you could nurse at lunch. If he is 5-6 months she might not need a bottle. She can eat solids when you aren't with her.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• There are several different styles of bottle nipples. I don't know how many you tried, but maybe a different one will be more appealing to her.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009