how bad is the pain of giving birth?

im scared. and will things go completely back to normal?

kyleeannebaby

Asked by kyleeannebaby at 1:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It will be ok, don't worry and once you hold your lo in your arms you will realize it was SO WORTH IT!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• you forget about it soon after
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Well there is no going back now. LOL

Don't worry about it, it will come and then it will be over and you will have a sweet LO to enjoy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The pain is like no other, nobody can prepare you for it, but once you hear that babies first cry you just don't care and once you get to hold him you forget about the pain,
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Labor is hard. Pushing is EASY. There is about a minute where the head is crowning and it stings pretty bad, but it's not unbearable. Then the baby slides out and it's over (except for the placenta, which doesn't hurt at all). Everything doesn't go back exactly how it was down there... your hymen is completely gone after childbirth, if you had any of it left before, but my husband says he can't tell a difference between pre-baby and post-baby sex. Do Kegals! They help immensely!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my labor wasnt horrible , i acctually thought that it was going to be worse that what i had thought, i had heard women saying it is so awful, well honey i didnt have no pain meds and it wasnt that bad, (i been told im an exception), but i think most of it is fear of what other people tell you, your your own body.
    and well my man likes sex more now than before, but every now and again sex feels diffrent than it did pre baby.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• unless you dont get the epidural..it should be fine. I didnt feel a thing and contractions are not that bad (but everyone is different). I would say the most painful thing is after!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Anon, even without an epidural she will be fine. Women did this without epis for thousands of generations before us and somehow we're all still here! Can't be that bad that every woman before us did it without an epidural more than once, right?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had 3 babies and no pain meds. It was uncomfortable and felt like having the flu. My last one was induced and I had pitocin, that was worse.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• With no preparation, laying flat on your back, with a blood pressure cuff and fetal monitors holding you down, the pain is equal to the wrath of God Almighty focused on your uterus. With proper preparation (pain coping techniques, and an understanding of how to give birth--not just the medical aspect of it), the pain is minimal. Get the book 'birthing from within' to get you started--however, the possibilities are endless, so don't stop there.
    Llamatron

Answer by Llamatron at 5:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2009