what kind of bathing suit is appropriate for a pregnant women?

i have been wearing shirt or bathing suit cover up over my bikini. i don't want to disgust others.

kyleeannebaby

Asked by kyleeannebaby at 1:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Bikinis, even with a ton of stretch marks! Your body is doing something INCREDIBLE and AMAZING and you look BEAUTIFUL, no matter how your skin is managing the extra room you need! Screw everyone else, if they don't know what a pregnant woman looks like then they need to learn!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• A one piece suit or a modest tankini
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I love seeing prego's on a 2 piece..only if the dont have a ton of stretch marks but I wear a tankini and Im 7months
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I always wore a tankini.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i personally love to see prego women in bikinis showing off the hump is beautiful and i think all prego women are beautiful even with stretch marks they are your victory marks im with ati 13
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It really depends on how comfortable you are with your own body. I've always thought pregnant women were beautiful, and have no problem seeing one in a 2 piece bikini, stretch marks and all! However, I'm now 37 weeks pregnant and covered in a PUPPS rash, and I have tons of stretch marks, so anytime I go out I wanna be covered bc I feel really bad about how I look. If you are comfortable with it though I say go for it! Be proud of every inch of you, bc you are doing something amazing and miraculous!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• whatever you're comfortable w/ is appropriate. if you want to go out in a bikini, then go for it. it's what makes you more comfortable. if people don't like it, then they don't have to look. i love to see pg women in a bikini. i think that a woman's body is so beautiful during pregnancy.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I wore a black 2 piece tankini maternity suit that I got from Target. It fit me really well (my boobs were HUGE!) and I actually felt cute and not at all self consious in it. I had my son in September, so I was vey pregnant in July and August.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It depends on what your comfortable wearing. I wore a tankini before I got preggo with my first daugher... gained 40lbs with the pregnancy... got preggo with my second.... lost 20lbs and wear a one peice with the little skirt attached... but that is what I feel comfortable in right now (at 37wks)...
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 2:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009