My right boob HURTS!

I've been nursing for four months exclusively and all of a sudden my right boob out of nowhere started hurting. It hurts to even have it gently touched. I've had clogged milk ducts before and it isn't like that. It hurts more so on the right side, but the whole breast is tender.

Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there any redness on that breast? Is it warm to the touch at all? If so, it could be mastitis, and needs to be treated with antibiotics. If warm compresses and massaging in the shower don't help, I'd suggest making an appointment with your doctor.
    BearsMommy

Answer by BearsMommy at 9:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• does your baby seem to favor this side? and is this your first child? im a nursing mom for 4 months yesterday and this is my fourth child! and i get that to on my left side though and when i went to the doc he told me it was becasue the baby favored this side and to try and nurse her more on the other side and also he told me to do the same thing you do for clogged milk ducts! message in the shower and warm wash cloths!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• That side has always produced more milk. It did become engorged today for some random reason even though he fed off of that one more than the other on the previous feeding. When he emptied it after the engorgement, it started hurting worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• id go ask a doctor and mabye not nurse him on that side and although it hurts let it stay engourged for a couple hrs then pump it mabye thatll help that helped me! although those hrs were painful the pain went away after i pumped
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Red pimple looking things popped up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2009