what can I make with tofu?

I've never tried it and would like to add it in to my diet. I just don't know what to do with it.
I'm not "on" a diet, just learning to eat different foods in place of some less healthy one's.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Anything you can do with chicken you can do with tofu that's the best rule i have learned about tofu. it takes on the flavor of what ever you cook it in so if you want it to taste like maybe fried chicken (i know you're on a diet) then batter it and season it like you do chicken. i had a recipe from the vegetarian bible (no i am not a vegetarian) but it called for you to batter and pan fry in light oil then make like a burrito with it in there and bake it it tasted like chicken enchiladas and i didn't notice it wasn't chicken just look up recipes that have pictures that helps me when deciding what i want to try cause if i cant see what it might look like i tend not to try it.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• contact me offlist if you would like some great tofu recipes. for example: tofu and veggies with peanut sauce; tofu and spinach Indian curry, tofu and veggie stir-fry,General Tsao's tofu, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Just be sure to "dry" the tofu before attempting to cook it. Most brands sell tofu in a really wet and slippery liquid that can make it difficult to cook. I just place a thick layer of paper towels underneath and over the top of the tofu block and then press the liquid out with a heavy pan. This makes it easier to marinade, season or bread the tofu and it will hold the flavor of whatever you cook it with.
    ChrissMiss321

Answer by ChrissMiss321 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• tofu spaghetti is really good. crumble it and saute it in olive oil, then use it like meat in the sauce...with whole grain pasta it's both healthy and yummy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2009