what is your opinion??

I have a 16mth old son...and when he was 6mths old i got preggo again, but lost the baby.Lately it seems everyone around me keeps gettin preggo, and I find myself wantin another one, but I know right now isnt a good time. my quests. are...
1. what do you think the cause of me losing one after having a baby would be?
2.Is this crazy and should I go through with it...or hold off a bit longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the first quesiton, is one you should ask your doctor, and the second, i dont think you should have another baby until you know you are ready and you already said so yourself that you are not.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. Your doc would have a better answer to question 1 or he/she might not have an answer at all. Miscarriages happen for a whole variety of reasons and many times, especially if you've only had 1, the reason is unknown. Could have been that your body wasn't completely ready to handle another pregnancy so quickly after your first baby, or could have been a genetic problem and nature just knew better. As for having another baby, if you are unsure about it, I would wait until you are positive it is something you want to do. If you are questioning it than it probably isn't a good idea right now.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think that it just depends on how you feel about having another baby. There is no telling why you lost the baby, and it's terrible and scary, but you could carry perfectly the next time. As far as having a 16 month old, that is a tough one, especially if your doctor thinks you may have a difficult pregnancy. I am pregnant now and my son just turned 8, and it's been bliss. I always wanted my kids close together and now I am thankful my first is so much older just because the pregnancy has been a breeze. Really though, it's extremely personal and something you and your hubby should decide.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2009