how do you know when to it is time to go the hospital to have your baby

brandy_bjj

Asked by brandy_bjj at 2:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when your contractions r less then 10 min apart and are constant! lay on your left side and drink some cold water! if they dont go away and are just getting worse its almost time! and if you feel water like a warm wet sensation get to the hospital! GOOD LUCK AND CONGRAT!!!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 2:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They usually say when you can't walk or talk through your contractions then it's time to go. I'd say if this is your first baby, you could even wait a little longer than that unless your labor is progressing really rapidly (which you will know if it is because contractions will be one right on top of another and you will feel overwhelmed by your labor really early on.. BTW, when labors go that fast, even if the baby is born in the car on the way there, they are almost always super healthy).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• most dr's say to go when your contractions are 5 min apart and last for a min. but, not everyone experiences that. i didn't. my contrax never became regular. they stayed at 3-10 min apart lasting for 30 secs. only did it get SEMI-regular after my water broke. i didn't go to the hospital until my water broke. i wouldn't wait until your water broke tho, bc many women have had their babies born w/ the sac still intact.
    so my answer: go when you feel you need to.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2009