• In the Spotlight:

Matthew 10: 37

Matthew 10: 37
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. This is also the sin of ENVY- he is so jealous of anyone who might share their love for another.

Can anyone please explain?!

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 3:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I read in the bible somewhere, I swear I did, I'm not a big Bible memorizer or quoter, but I read that through a God-fearing woman, a husband can be saved, even if he doesn't believe...because the woman can pray for him, and vice versa...I believe in the church and its' teachings, but I believe in God more, and if it says so in the bible, it must be true....Your husband will be alright, he is not a captive of Satan, one day he'll follow u and u will be united in Heaven together. Like I said I don't have an actual quote, but I have read the Bible, and I know that's in there
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The Lord is not saying not to love those people but to not put those people before Him. We are supposed to love God first then our families. Because my kids or my husband can't get me to heaven. Only Jesus can do that.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My thoughts exactly Samantha_1628
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Ok well how do I do this?!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Spend time reading the Bible and talking with the Lord. Find a great church and attend as often as you can. When you seek the Lord with all your heart you will find Him.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• But I have a family and my husband is an unbeliever how am I supposed to do this?!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Don't pressure your husband to go to church. Simply ask if he wants to go with you and the kids(yes take the kids with you) and if says no then just go without him. I went to church without my hubby for several months then he stared going with me.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• HAHA hubby hates church and I have just learned something about one more thing we can't do grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• But do you think the Lord is strong enough to change his heart. I know the Lord can do anything. Just pray. Just show your hubby what it's like being a Christian. Don't pressure him in any way to change.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 5:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Pray for your husband! He is a captive of Satan. My situation is similar, so let me encourage you! When I returned to the Lord, my husband was not happy about it at all. I spent a lot of time in tearful prayer. There is not enough space here to list the many episodes.Things were the worse I had ever seen them, but God had a plan. Maybe your husband is fighting conviction, I know that mine was (IS!) He is softening now, will attend church with us occasionally, and is no longer the source of my persecution! God stepped in and reminded me that this is not my battle, it belongs to Him!(2 Chronicles 20:15) Lift your husband up daily in prayer and the Lord will work it all out. I'm a living witness that if you continue to hold on, and be faithful to God, He will work a miracle like you won't believe. Pray, pray, pray, pray! Read 1 Peter 3, 2Tim. 2:24-26, and pray for your faith and obedience!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009