what the hell did i just experience??

so here i am just sitting here browsing the internet & all of a sudden my stomach got really tight & hurt like i had just been punched in the stomach!! it lasted a few seconds & then just eased up & went away...WHAT THE HELL WAS IT?!?! i have heard of braxton hick contractions, but i am only 24weeks & thought that was way too early to feel them, but is that what it was?? is it even normal to feel that?? sorry, this is my first & that just really worried me...& hurt...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• contraction! Sorry babe, that's the taste test for you. I'd start reading all I could about preparing for labor pain. Ina may's guide to childbirth is a good one, so is spiritual midwifery by the same, and any thing by sheila kitzinger.
    EmKirk

Answer by EmKirk at 7:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Sounds like braxton hicks to me! You can start feeling them really any time during the 2nd trimester.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes it was a braxton hick they suck toward the end I had them a lot so I kept thinking here come the baby but no it was only braxton hicks
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• sounds like BH to me too. they can start as early as 11wks.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yep, I'd say you experienced your first BH contraction!!! They get worse as pregnancy progresses!!! Just wait till you get your first contraction!!! GL, it's amazing!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 2:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009