my mother in law hates me !!!

my mother in law has always hated me,,,really she has when my and my hubby met i already had a daughter and she would call me names kick me out of her house even when i got pregnant she never even said congrats she just told my husband why did he get me pregnant she said that in front of me..we've been together for 3years but now shes getting worst actually telling my husband to leave me and the kids and go back home she told him she told him that i told her that i was going to kill her thats she got a restrainig order on me and i havent even talked to her in months....we always fight cause of her....sometimes i feel like giving up and leaving my husband....HELP!!!

leeahsgerasmom

Asked by leeahsgerasmom at 3:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• recognize your roll in the state of your relationship with her. what could you change to maybe make this situation better with her? be up front and open with her about how you feel. ask her what she would like from you.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 3:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I agree with courtneynicole1
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my mother in law hates me also!! but i feel the same way about her!! i say screw her!!
    mommyof302

Answer by mommyof302 at 3:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I feel your pain. My MIL is the same way. She like me in the beginning up until I got pregnant. After that it was all down hill. She has called me every name in the book, and it doesn't matter how polite or restrained I am. I've given up on the relationship. I also told dh he isn't to tell me to change anything about me to please his mom. If that is what he wants then he can have a relationship with her. I don't care if he talks to her, or spends time with her just don't come home saying she complained about something about me.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I say leave for a little while and see what happens!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I have no MIL cuz she died but my BIL and some other family members on that side dont like me and I just laugh at them and my hubby actually doesnt talk to them anymore because they gave him an altimatum sp? and he chose me, guess that back fired. I know its not a MIL but thats the only comparison I have
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Minimize your contact with her.

Have a deep conversation with your husband. He needs to stand up to his mom about this. He needs to tell her that the way she treats you and talks about you is unacceptable.

He should also minimize his contact with her if she is unable to sweeten up and be polite.

You and your children are his family now.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Do what Mousuke said. I have a FIL who can't stand me. I just don't have anything to do with him.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 7:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You knew how she felt about you as soon as you met her. She made no efforts to hide it. Yet you made the choice to stay with her son. So now you have to deal with that choice.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yeah im done trying with her...i stop going to her house months ago and when she calls my husband i just leave the room..he doesnt visit her anymore last time he went she wouldnt lt him leave for like two hours telling him to leave me..he doesnt call her but she calls him 3 times a day and leaves him rude messages
    leeahsgerasmom

Answer by leeahsgerasmom at 12:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009