anyone else every been on the mini pill?

when does it start working, i havent had a period since jan but im nursing so i guess thats normal. the book that came with it said 48 hours if i dont take on the last day of my period. i looked it up on line and they all say something different. like two weeks, seven days, three pills. any advice i really dont want to get pregnant again and were sick of condoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• It's been years for me. Call your ob/gyn office they can provide you with a sure answer. When did you start taking them?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am on it and was when I was nursing my oldest too. Both times the thing that came with it said it took 48 hours no matter when you started it. The mini pill doesn't take as long to kick in as regular pills because they are time specific. This is why you have to take them at the same time every day. Just like when are late taking a pill you have to use back up protection for the next 48 hours.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I started it last week and my doc said it takes 2 weeks to work
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009