What time will your child go to bed?

Mine is 20 mos old..... i put her in bed about 930... it's now midnight and she's STILL awake! She's been crying, screaming, singing and laughing!!!!! I went in ONCE to check on her an hour ago so I KNOW she is fine. She just started the saying "NO" phase yesterday and is VERY VERY stubborn! Plus, she wakes up at 4 am! How do you get your child to sleep!!!???

Ready to drug her with benedryl! LMAO J/K J/K!!!!!!

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 4:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• i honestly believe it's difficult to control sleep in anyone and that is an area best left unperturbed because oversleeping or its depravation are more the bodys regulator systems and if messed w/ can cause all kind of chaos, tuerta, sonambulism, night terrors, narcolepsy, etc. etc.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 9:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my 8 month old is a great sleeper, but my almost 4 year old that boy has more energy then I have ever seen, he can get up at 8 im the moring and still go strong till 2 in the morning but not everyday thank God,
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes..... that sounds JUST LIKE my little girl!!!!! we have a big day of indoor water park tomorrow (cuz it's too cold to go outside and tickets were free) but she just won't sleep!!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• that sounds like fun!

And yeah sleeping has been a problem with my boy for a long time, he stopped taking naps a 12 months, I wish I can take his energy and use it lol cuz I sure can use some
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• exactly! i wish i could get that energy SOMEHOW! Wouldn't it be great?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yes it would help a lot lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You will be tired but try and wake your baby up by 8 am, feed her 10-15 minutes after waking her up. Change her clothing, play and read and sing to her. That should take awhile. Run around the house and be silly. Stand in front of a mirror and let her see herself, make it fun. It should be about 9:30 now start winding down the activities. Morning snack(applesauce or banana and a drink) Lay down with her, gently rub her forehead, face,cheeks, arms....fast forward to dinner...a hearty meal, slow warm bath, take your time with this,you can even make it a bubble bath...after bath, a mini baby massage with baby lotion, sing peaceful songs while dressing her, again lay down with her....rubbing her forehead, face....do this everyday and the routine will set and and she will expect it. This should relax her enough so you can get some rest as well.
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My kids go to bed around 8:30ish now... once it starts getting dark earlier, they will go back to going to bed around 7:30.

A regular nap/rest time routine and ESPECIALLY a regular bedtime routine will do wonders for your daughter to learn to fall asleep...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My 12 month old goes to bed at 7:30pm every night. She doesn't have a choice. After a bath, I hold her, while she has a few ounces of milk, then I hold her till she falls asleep. (I am gradually adding a "before bath snack" that is going to replace that bedtime bottle).

She wakes up at 7:15am every morning, and she has two naps that last 1.5 hours each.

Like others have said, you may want to start waking her up earlier in the morning. And put her down for naps at around th same time everyday. Her body will adjust, but it may take a little time.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Ask your Ped about giving Melatonin (Totally natural it's what's in your big turkey dinner) My 5 year old has been taking it because he wanders the halls at night unable to sleep. I don't know how young they can take it though.
    Anonymous