Help! Are these pains normal during pregnancy (at 6 1/2 months)?

For the past week I've been experiencing pains in my groin and inner thigh areas. It makes it painful and slow to walk or to get up and down from sitting. It's easier to move my legs side to side instead of forward to walk. The pain comes and goes, but when it comes it stays for a few hours or more. When I talked to my obgyn she said to take tylenol but the tylenol didn't help. It's late at night now and it hurts more than ever before. Is this normal???

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 4:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different. I know I felt the pain you're talking about, maybe a little later in my pregnancy (about 30 weeks). Still though, I think anything you're feeling at this point that is tolerable is normal pregnancy pain. (Sorry mama) It will be over before you know it & you will miss it when the baby gets here. Then all you will miss is SLEEP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• yeah it's just the baby weight pushing and making it hurt
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Ask her if you can use a heating pad. You might just be growing. I had a torn ligament. They told me tylenol and a heating pad. You can also take a warm bath, but not too hot.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• a bath helped me. I pulled a muscles about that time and pain is just part of pregnancy.

good luck! I soak in a bath anytime my back or anything else hurts.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had the same thing around that time with this pregnancy... still suffering from it. My doctor said it was ligament pain from the stretching and so of all the muscles and ligaments and all that good stuff that gets strained out of wack!!! Tynelonl did nothing for me either... Elevate your legs as much as possible and use a body pillow at night. I've never gotten it to go away, but this relieves some of the pain and pressure... GL!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 2:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2009