Avon questions

I already work, so no soliciting please.

Does it cost extra to sign up for the website? Or is it still $10?

Do you mainly make money from recruiting or from selling?

If you get your sales online, how are you advertising and setting yourself apart from the others?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 6:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• As for ads, you can't really make yourself any better than every other Avon Lady on line. However you can find better places to place ads. Honestly I think OFF line is better. Place ads in the paper with your site or pass out books in front of the FoodMart. Do fundraisers or vendor shows...

Like I said, if you are willing to work - you will earn...

I didn't like Avon, I'm not a sales woman, I don't want to have to push products on people that don't need them or can't afford them just so I can make a buck... So, I quit... My mom has been with Avon for 30 years now, and loves it. She plans to turn my sisters room in to her avon room and install an elevator so she can get to it when she is 80... Her words!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You pay extra to have your own website, but they give you the fee back if you have an online sale each campaign. If you don't have an online order it is $7.50 each campaign (every 2 weeks). The $10 is your sign up fee for Avon, one time deal, they give you a bunch of catalogs and some other supplies.
    Most of the people making any kind of good money at it are recruiting. I don't recruit, I'm lucky if I make $30/month. But I mostly do it so that I can buy stuff for myself at a discount, although I do have several loyal customers.
    I send out "reminder" emails to my customers and I always put a link to my website so they have that option for ordering, but I don't put a link everywhere I go. Some people have a link to their sites in their siggies on here.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Before buying or selling body care products, you should check the safety of the ingredient. I like the skin deep database. You can copy and paste this link: www.ewg.org

Honestly, companies like Mary Kay and Avon make me sick; they show public support for breast cancer research, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The website is $7.50 a month IF you have noone order through it. If someone orders online, it's free. I tell everyone to by thier kid or sister a $1 lipgloss every champaign, it will still cost you less than $7.50...

The $10 fee is a registration fee, it's just once. But you will have to purchase supplies (business cards, ads, flyers...), books, bags, samples and demos every month. So there is still a monthly investment.

IF you work hard you can make a good bit from products. My mother earns about $1200 a month from sales and then another $500 from recruits. HOWEVER, she does at least one vendor or mall show a month and also does home parties in addition to her regular customers. And those tables always cost money! The last one she did she paid $250 for 4 days, plus she had to pay up front for everything on the table. But she made about $300 after expences...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you haven't signed up yet for your webstore and are a new recruit you can get the first four campaigns as an erep free right now. Just log on your www.youravon.com account and go under web office it will show you this option.
    I did well before I started managing a team. The trick with me is fundraisers. They bring in lots of money and you get to know you're doing something for a good cause. Most of those customers will stick with you after the fundraiser is over. Team leading has made me a lot more money though. It takes dedication but if you treat it like a job you'll make a good living with the company! Good luck to you.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Yeah, I didn't do very well with Avon the first time around. I spent too much on myself. LOL And most people I knew already had customers. I liked giving away things as gifts. I was just thinking of trying it again. I have my blog that I can advertise on and it's soo affordable. In this economy most women are looking to save money not spend it. I know local ads in my paper are only $10 and get a decent response. It's also cheaper than what I'm doing right now and I don't have the time with my new baby on the way and my daughter turning 4 and starting school.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 18, 2009