Is Country Croc made from plastic?

My brother-in-law that comes down from NY always has to put his too cents in about the products I bring in my home. He'd rather take vitamins then eat a home cooked meal. I'm a southern girl with a mean appetite and I know what good is. I also know that whatever meal I bring to the table is going to be something that has been well thought of and carried through.

Asked by ItstheGodinme at 6:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That's what I've always heard. A lady at our health department said it is "one molecule away from being plastic" I don't know how true it is, but I can't ever look at margarine the same way again!

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I looked it up, and this article says it is partially true:

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure about the plastic part, but I prefer products that are not made in a factory. You cannot make country crock or margarine at home, butter you can.

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 9:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It is fairly toxic stuff; read the ingredients. the least toxic margarine is Earth Balance; I use mostly butter or olive oil

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Guess I won't be buying Country Crock anymore!

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I've always used butter. I try and use butter with my kids' foods too, but my husband sneaks margarine onto their stuff from time to time. He actually prefers butter too, but for some reason he is incapable of spreading it.

Answer by utopiaseas at 11:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• OMG! Now I need to read up on my Country Crock. I like butter...I really do. But my grandparents used Country Crock and I use it now as a remembrance of them. Silly, I molecule away from plastic? That's some tasty plastic my friends. However...this may well be my last crock of Country Crock. LOL! Yikes.

Answer by SterlingLegend at 11:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yea, but don't forget girls that the article also said that pastries, chips and store bought cookies all have this stuff, so be sure and put these on your "don't eat" list. LOL

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I really like Smart Balance, if you're looking for an alternative. :)

Answer by Avarah at 12:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• read this

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009