How to get a legit work at home job., not a get rich sceme?

wanabpainter

Asked by wanabpainter at 7:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• In all seriousness if you REALLY want to make money commensurate with the amount of time and effort you put in to a job, you need to be creative and think of something YOU can make/design that people want, and start your OWN at home business!

Many people start by making things they enjoy and sell them using a popular online vendor such as Ebay or similar online auction site. And then if things go well, may make the leap to renting display space in an established store/boutique, and then maybe opening their own shop in time!

I've been selling actively on Ebay for the past 9 years, I attend/sell/market my items at Wedding expos, and I rent a display case and window space at a high end hair salon and spa. All from the comforts of my own home! And I work as much or as little as I want/need.

It takes time to brand yourself, and start making a profit, but the rewards are great when you're own boss! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I just started an at home biz a few months back, not making anything, not selling anything, not doing parties. I have 2 little ones at home and don't have time for that extra stuff. The comp I work with just recently won an award from the BBB so its ethics and integrity so it is no scam! If interested in getting more info, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to talk to you and get you more info! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

This is what I do. It is 100% REAL, FREE and LEGIT. I make an excellent INCOME, yes INCOME from this! You have the option of cashing out everyday! NEVER ANY FEES

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• A home Business with Ameriplan is what I do. Just the fact that you DON"T want a get rich is great!! So many people are looking for that and get disapointed. We can get you to a 6 figure income but in 2-4 years NOT overnight LOL. We have been around for 17yrs and we are associated with big names like Target,Walmart,CVS,walgreens,Lens Crafters, Pearl Vision. The company really is amazing and I love working my own business knowing I'm building it for me and my family. Let me know if you;d like some information. They offer Daily Pay~benefits~401K~5 websites~Training and ongoing support.

www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis
    ChristinaLDennis@gmail.com
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You can search the job boards for positions that match your skillset and have a telecommute option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• m-avi

I have a couple of ideas for you:

1)  I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom:    Work at Home Series

2)  I have compiled a listing of computer jobs in my Blog, both Paypal paying jobs and other.  You can check that list out here:    Mavi's Home Work Blog

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Well, I have two businesses, I work both from home, I also run a website and have a list of other WAH Jobs and Businesses there. Nothing will make you rich today, however if you are willing to put in 5 ot 6 years of hard work my businesses both have that potential... Check everything out, let me know if you have any questions...

Ameriplan ~ www.DailyPayFromHome.com
    FreebieForce ~ www.FreebieForce.com/SabrinaMBowen
    Sabrina's Closet ~ www.Sabrinas-Closet.info  <--List of @ Home Jobs here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm a work at home mom and I wanted to tell you about the easy job I have. It's free, I'm trying to get you to buy anything, or sell anything either. It's not going to make you a millionare, or buy a summer home in Paris. However, I do make enough to cover about half of my household bills and I don't have to work a 9 to 5 anymore or send my daughters to a daycare. You can read more at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Hello! I am a SAHM with a 22 month old son and I am currently working for Internet CEO Moms. We are a HUGE team of moms that are committed in making safer and healthier homes. We all have children so we know where each one of us are coming from and it's such a positive experience. I can only speak for myself but I am LOVING it!! If you want to know more, check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or email me at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I hope to hear from you soon! :-)
    Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I also work from home, I am mom to an 18mo son. I also work with Ameriplan I just started a couple of months ago and its working great!! I would really encourage you to check out our company we are a great team and we really are legit. Hope you find the right thing for you, I will put my website down if you haven't found the right thing yet!!

www.freedomathometeam.com/jlalvarez

mommy_2_luisito

Answer by mommy_2_luisito at 8:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009