Pretty rude...kind of a vent!!!

I'm now 32 weeks prego, and am totally sober, but unfortunately(sp?) I used to have a little cocaine problem & smoke(cigs) & drink heavily. I quit everything as soon as I found out I was preg, & have no problem with that. My boyfriend, however, convinced me to go to the bar with him last night "just for 1 drink", which I like to avoid, just personal preference & me being a martyr because I can't drink(Silly, I know!!)! So we go, stay for much longer than 1 drink, mind you I have to work this am, AND when we finally do get home, he ends up blowing lines RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! I mean, I was PISSED...he told me I'm over-reacting because I got WAAAY heated & ended up sleeping on the couch. I'm SO happy I'm pregnent & can't wait to meet my lil girl, but I really view her father as 1 of the big mistakes in my life-I know, sounds absolutely horrible...& fyi, I was ON bc when I got preg, so I was being responsible! Thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just do what you have to do mommy to take care of you and that baby! Being around him doesnt sound like its any good for you which in the long run isnt good for the baby and especially wont be after she is born. Good job for quitting everything.....that baby happened for a reason when she did! Think of it like that. Babies are miracles.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:26 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• That totally sucks... If you didn't drink or get high last night, BRAVO to you!!! It is hard enough to stop doing that without someone doing it RIGHT IN FRONT of you!!

((Big Hugs)) to you Mommy!! Stay strong and try to get some support to help keep yourself clean!! (NA, Al Anon??)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• WTF! I am seriously concerned for your unborn child and what will happen to that child when he/she is born. Sounds like as soon as you're not pregnant you're going to start "blowing lines" again and drinking and whatever else. You do know you're going to need to be sober to take care of your baby, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Copy, Paste

:::Sigh:::
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You have to be sober to take care of a baby?! No way anon! Give me a break, shes obviously tryin & just wanted 2 vent bout her bf being an asshole. Way 2 go mommy!!! stay clean4 that baby!!
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "You have to be sober to take care of a baby?! No way anon! Give me a break, shes obviously tryin & just wanted 2 vent bout her bf being an asshole."

I thought the same thing! Like.... DUH to anon!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• that was more than just "pretty rude" of him to do that. I would be livid if my DH did that! Good Luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would've been very upset that he did that in front of me, the pregnant girlfriend. Yea, you're not going to catch a high or anyhting from it but he shouldn't be doing that crap around you! You're trying to stay clean so I give you props for that. I think if he's not willing to stop though you should leave him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Honey, he doesn't sound like daddy material to me! I was with a guy who ate pills and smoked a lot of pot and did some other random drugs weekly and once the baby was born it was hell. I grew up and changed for my son, and 8 years later, he still hasn't. It will become a dangerous situation. I remember waking up one morning to find pills on my floor, thank goodness my son didn't find them before I did. What happens when his drug use becomes an issue with the police or something? What if CPS is called on your home for some reason, do you really think they are going to look at you as the sober responsible mommy you are about to be? It's not worth the risk to your baby and yourself. Leave his sorry ass!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• sounds like you two will make great parents
    Anonymous