Dreams: Do you have trouble figuring out if something happened for real or if you just dreamed it?

Dreams: Do you have trouble figuring out if something happened for real or if you just dreamed it? I was awake one day and started describing something to my fiance and I was like, my problem is though, was it real or in a dream?? What I saw was in vivid color, an advertisement for colored woman's panties shaped like a flower, and it was like a pop-up. I was asking myself, HOW could I have dreamt that up? So the more I thought about it I finally remembered. It was IRL, in a magazine that I'd been looking at a couple weeks before at a clinic office. I'd been idly chatting with another person and paging thru a magazine to pass the time. When I told my DF he was like um honey you're weird. Until I told him I'd figured it out, that I'd really seen that. (Talk about embarrassed lol)

babygoose78

Asked by babygoose78 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have always had very vivid and sometimes lucid dreams...

One time, I dreamt I was sleeping in my bed. I woke up and went to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. After the coffee was brewing, I decided to lay back down and go back to sleep for a while. The second time I woke up, my house was shaking. I ran to my kitchen and looked out of the window. Someone had hooked my house up to a huge house moving truck and we were going down the road!

None of the above ever happened! I never got up the first time to fix coffee and the second time was just too bizarre to be real! When I did finally wake up for real, I had a hard time deciding if I was *really* awake or just dreaming again.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I do this all the time. I have dreams about having conversations with people and then when I wake up and actually talk to the person I wonder if it's something we really talked about or if I was dreaming. I've started talking to my fiance about something then ask if he remembers having the conversation about it before, when he tells me no I remember that it was a dream.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i have done this too.. i told my husband's grandmother how her house was going to look and she told me that wasn't going to happen and then 2 weeks later she made her house look exactly like i told her.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yes, I usually have such vivid dreams that I believe they really happened when I am awake. In fact, when I make mention or question something that I had dreamt of and believe really happened, my husband has to correct me and we figure out together that my beliefs came from a dream.
    It's scary because I suffer from long-term and short-term memory loss so I don't know half the time what was real and what wasn't. Or even, what has occurred and what hasn't. My husband and children have been filling in some empty spots of my memory with stories of what we used to do years past, but when a random memory comes flashing I have to ask if it really happened or if I'm remembering from a dream.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009