what kind of food should a 10 month old be eating?

My daugther is 10 months old and used to eat baby food really well. Until I started giving her table food like eggs, and fruit and things like that. So my question is what kind of food could i give her that has protein in it. I want to give her a well balanced diet but i'm not totally sure what is safe for a 10 month old?
Any advice would be awesome!!
Thank Ladies!

Addisyns_mommy

Asked by Addisyns_mommy at 9:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• any table food besides fish, peanut butter, peanuts & things that will choke her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't think you should give her eggs..she may be allergic. I thought only smashed up foods until they get teeth. I didn't realize you can feed a 10 month old real adult food.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 9:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Nothing with honey.... anything you can mash easily with your tounge in bite sized pieces should be okay.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 9:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• anything is really ok except peanuts, and stuff not 'gumable'. Eggs ARE ok as long as its just the yoke until 11 or 12 months then they can eat the whites too, but my dd had both early and shes fine. just cut regular meats that you eat up in little pieces for her to try and dont be suprised if she doesnt like it at first.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• at 10 months old my daughter was eating almost everything that we eat ((other than the things they aren't suppose to have like honey and nuts). I don't give her a lot of meat either becuase it is hard to gum. But she eats pretty much anything and everything. I started her on table food at 8 1/2 months becuase she wasn't gaining any wieght eating just baby food and formula. Within a few weeks of starting table foods she gained several pounds.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Just give her whatever you are eating. Fix her own plate, put it in front of her and let her go at it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• eggs are fine obviously shes not allergic to them ! mashed banana, tiny pieces of pancake, ( sorry im thinking of breakfast ! ) tiny stands of chicken, rice, mac and cheese , apple sauce , tiny pieces of turkey like sandwich meat try some of the toddler meals from gerber there actually really soft. Also green beans can be mashed up pretty good with a tounge, spagettios ( my son loved them!) if you make like a roast or something you can do the really soft carrots or potatoes, cottage cheese if your comfortable giving her dairy yogurt. anything really soft pretty much my son hated the gerbers so I had to come up with alot of other options ! you can pm me if you have any other questions ! I cant think of to many things right now but when im more awake i'll repost !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2009