not walking yet any advice

my son is 13 months old he has been crusing around for a while and he has now masterd the whole climbing thing but he just wont walk any advice would help how do i help motivate him

rjsjjs1

Asked by rjsjjs1 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest was about 15 months before he walked all the time. At 13 months he could hold on and walk but preferred crawling. All I can think of to suggest is have him stand and hold on to something, and you crouch a few yards away from him with your hands out toward him and say walk to mama with a big smile on your face, and if he takes even one step make a big fuss about it- Yay! Way to go! and so forth. If he drops down and crawls, still give him lots of huggies and love. Something else that we did was that daddy would hold his hands and when I would say walk to mama, daddy would give our son the idea by bringing one of our son's hand a bit forward so that one of his feet would also move forward- again to give the child the idea of what was wanted. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am in the same boat with my boys. My girls mastered walking by 14 months... I know it is just around the corner for them.. Be patient
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 10:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm in the exact same boat as you ... just wanted to say GOOD LUCK :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• get 2 adults and make a game out of it sit facing the other adult a close distance apart and then pass the baby once he masters those few steps move back a little and so forth i found it helps to hold the child by the hips and encourage the child to bounce a bit to get used to putting pressure on the joints b4 having him walk to the other adult
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• patience is a must, it will happen!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• He will do it when he does it. My first was 19 months. Second was 15 months, and my third was 18 months. They do it when they are ready.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009