Is this too mean??

My hubby has family home from out of state. Some of them we have not seen for a year others it has been 8 years. So they were at my MIL last night and we were going to take the kids and go in and see them. We all were pretty excited. When hubby called and asked if they were there yet she said we could not come over because she didnt want us dirtying up her house. I was like are you serious. Sow e have this family thing today and then after it is back to the MIL for dinner. I dont want to go. I want to tell her sorry but we may dirty her house to much and if the family wants to see us they can come to our house which is exactly what she told us last night. This isnt the first time she has done something like this. On Christmas she apologized to my BILs new gfriend and stressed how much our kids and my hubby and his brother embaressed her and they were doing nothing excpept for playing with their new toys and visiting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT>>>>
    It was just because the girls family is a high family in the area and we are not. I dont even want to go today and I am not even sure I can be nice to her. Should we go today and let her put on a nice grandma act when she isnt like that any other time???????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would!
    Anonymous

• When I said I would, I mean I would tell her what you said in your post, and not go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would and I'd tell my kids to enjoy themselves meanwhile knowing it would drive her nuts. My mom was like that. She walked around with a washrag in her hand bc she said my kids got everything sticky. Not sure how since she washed them when we got there and wouldn't feed them anything sticky on a bet. Some ppl are just nuts. Go and know you are driving her crazy. It will be fun. Just smile and enjoy!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• IDK... she sounds like a fruitcake to me.... but then again I don't know how you and your family are either. If your kids tear up everything, stress everyone out, run all over and never listen to any adults, then I could sympathize with her. If not, then MIL is just a B*tch!

If you do go, you'll have to tread lightly on why you didn't come visit the night before. There is no telling what the family have been told about you and you don't want them to think that you are petty or vindictive if you start saying stuff about MIL being a B*itch

Good Luck to you... I've been single for almost three years and I DON'T miss this kind of drama with inlaws. My ex has a whole family full of fruitcakes!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "Go and know you are driving her crazy. It will be fun. Just smile and enjoy!"

LOL... that is probably good advice!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I should say my kids are normal kids, they are not brats, they are not destructive, they are not rowdy, they are just normal everyday kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Give the kiddies sticky candy and let them dirty her house since she was so worried and have fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Wow! I am shocked. It's amazing that she was so rude! I'd say that your best bet is to swallow the insult and go on over and so forth. No revenge, try to pretend the rudeness never happened. Caution your children to be extra careful to not do whatever messy behavior their grandmother was complaining about, if any. Keep peace in the family even though it has to be terribly hard in this situation.

Answer by Bmat at 11:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• She is always so rude!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2009