I am 15 weeks pregnant, one cup of coffee a day at this point should be safe correct? I waited 4 months!!! Anyone else wait until after the first trimester to go back to coffee?

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are fine. I drank Diet Coke. I think you can have even more coffee if you want. Talk to your OB.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I never stopped drinking caffien drinks i just went from like 4 20 ounces a day to like 1 and a half.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You should be fine. My doc says to try to stick to one cup of coffee or pop per day.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• you should only drink 1-2 caffenated drinks a day
    Anonymous

• Oh thats awesome then, I was only a one cup a morning girl anyway so that means I am in the clear!!. *takes sip of first coffee collata since March*
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Yeah I drank caffeine the whole time too. I seriously cut down, a cup in the morning and than a soda in the afternoon. I used to drink coffee all day. But everything was/is fine.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 1:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I drank 2 cups of coffee a day with my first baby and with this second baby (I will be 16 weeks on Wednesday) I am drinking just one. I miscarried about 8 months ago so I just want to be extra careful...guess I'm just being paranoid but better safe then sorry. I drink sometimes two cups now that I'm further a long just because when I'm pregnant I tend to get tension headaches and the only thing that will get rid of it is coffee or some sort of caffeine. :)

I think you'll be fine with drinking two cups if you want. My doc says that 2 caffeinated beverages a day are allowed.
    jdblack78

Answer by jdblack78 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2011