what kind of world would we have if we left god out.......

just imagine if god was not in our volcabulary?
what if god was never found or believed of?
what if the words in god we trust never happened?
do you think people would still act religous or hollier than thou?
do you think people would led a "clean" life ?
do you think people would just be nice becuase they wanted to be nice and not becuase a " man " told you to be nice?
would this world be totally different?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 11:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• my personal life would be the same, i dont believe in god and never have. the only thing that would be different is i wouldn't get as much hate mail on here, and so many Christians in real life saying rude things to my family and i. i would hope people could be "clean and nice" with out having to be told to by a god..i know i am.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think it would be diffrent with out God.
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 11:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If there were no God, there would be no religion (not even pagans or wiccans cuz they believe in gods or Goddess) There would be no cleanliness or need for it, because there's no one to answer to, so what would be the point? There may not even be people because there would be no one to create them, or see them in their own image... Not a bad question, just brings up more questions
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Most of what we do or don't do is based on social values & social pressure. Often religion (most of the "flavors") has been used by the elite or powerful to hold on to power or to exploit those they had power over. It is tempting to think that all of those negatives would have been avoided, but it is highly unlikely. The powerful would have simply found another tool. People also would have found other things to war over (they already do). Butter side up, ya know? So no I don't think the world would be greatly different. Though indivdual experiences would be / would have been.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Necro, you actually get hatemail? From Christians? I am Christian/Catholic, I don'tthink we are supposed to hate, let alone show it, I'm not suprised that Christians do it, they just need to rethink their desire to be christian. I read before u were atheist or satanist or something, I don't think you're supposed to hate either (thats part of ur dogma, if I'm not mistaken)... I'll pray for them ...they give other Christians a bad name
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think this world would be a better place entirely! All races would be one, there never would have been sexism... Half the worlds troubles are a direct cause of religious difference. I mean think about all the hell the Jewish people have gone through? How about Witches or those that were supposedly Witches? What about the torture and killing of the early Christians? How about the fear of Islamic people that is so prevalent today?? All gone! The destruction of the Aztecs was because of their religious practices...

People with or without religion have a concious. We know with or without god it's not good to hurt. But we still do it. In fact God has given many of us MORE not less or a reason to hate, harm and kill...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think people would still fight each other... I mean, not EVERY battle of humankind is based off religion; racism, for example. But quite a lot of them are. I honestly think the world would be much more peaceful without religions.

Think about it: The Inquisition, the witch trials, the holocaust, the burning of hundreds of protestants during the reign of Queen Mary, the persecution of christians in Rome until the Emporor Constantine made christianity legal, the mass slaying of the druids, abortion clinics being blown up and doctors being killed, the anti-gay movement, 9/11... and many more... so much blood, all because of religion! To me, it's lunacy that all of these happened due to something that can even be proven, and we take it as totally normal. And it will continue until we destroy everything.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Correction: CAN'T even be proven.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• For the most part, I agree with Sabrina on this one.

But also,i think that there are times when some ppl really NEED faith. So much of our life here on earth is based on rewards, i think it comforts ppl that after this life they will get a reward if they were good.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• mumma28 - Necro is far from the only one that gets hate mail... I get at lease a few comments or messages a week from "Christians" that seem to feel belittling, threatening and spewing hate are good forms of ministering...

And it's not just online. My friend had her house burnt down by the neighborhood "Christians" because she was a witch...  After recieving a number of threatening letters about how witches should be burned and children of witches are the devils...  Her house was burned... Thankfully they all got out. But it DOES happen...

Once again, without God, it wouldn't have!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2009