Would you leave for Europe without giving your ex-husband emergency & contact information?

Need some help to make sure I am not over-reacting. My ex-daughter-in-law left for Europe for a week and refused to give my son any contact information except for her email--no cell phone, no intenerary, no contact numbers. My grandson is 19 months old. Is this okay or not?

chocolateroses

Asked by chocolateroses at 11:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe she will give him a number after she got there.....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Is the baby with her or your son?
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• The baby was with my son and she has already returned from Europe. She refused the information before leaving and while she was there. My son emailed her and it took 2 days for her to respond while she was gone.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 11:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Well, hrm. I'm usually flat-out on the Dad's side no matter what the issue (hey, I admit my biases!), but in this case I think that if it's a 1 week trip then email is fine.

Seriously, think about it. If there's an emergency, he's not going to know anyway and he won't be able to help. It'll be far, far more important for her to have his number on her than for him to have hers.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Not ok at all when they share a child. Keeping contact info from a parent is selfish and irresponsible. If they have joint custody then it's also breaking the terms of their agreement.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It sounds like she was needing a vacation, the baby was with daddy, and IF something were to have happened, most likely all she could have done was stress about trying to get a return flight home, etc. And she would be home in less than 7 days at the longest.

But to answer your question, I give out all my phone #'s even if I was making a 2 minute trip to McDonald's, cuz you just never know, LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Depends what the court orders say.

She did leave contact information...email.
    Anonymous

• I think that she should have given a number or some other form of cantact info . Even though theres not much she can do while shes in europe maybe she just needed some "ME time" but be wouldnt you want to know what was goin on with ur child while u were away? She should have given some other form of comunication because who really checks there email while there on vacation anyway?

KLUVZA

Answer by KLUVZA at 6:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• They have joint custody. She only called the baby once during the whole trip. She constantly refuses to comply with the courts directives on medical issues, medical records and who watches the baby, etc.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 10:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2009