Heartburn?

WHat are things that cause you heartburn and how did you you get rid of it?

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my dr says tums. I get heartburn no matter what, I'm trying the tums thing and they work really well. Also milk was helping me, and my neighbor said Big Red gum worked for her with all 3 of her kids.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If you eat spicy foods or eat late at night. You can take tums or I had heard to chew pepermint gum.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Mine is so severe (I am 15 weeks) that its actually making me wheeze (I have asthma too). I had to go to a pulmonary doctor and now I have to take pepcid ac twice a day. Its actually helped a lot in the past 2 weeks..... I actually knocked it down to one chewable pepcid complete with a glass of water once a day. My ob said its fine. I am using my inhaler less and the heartburn and acid reflex has decreased dramatically. Maybe ask your ob if you can take the pepcid complete (that one has calcium too) once a day to prevent the acid reflex/heartburn.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• If I eat anything acidic, like tomato or pineapple (ALL I CRAVE IS SPAGHETTI WITH MARINARA) I get heartburn a lot lately. I never had heartburn my whole pregnancy until now (30 weeks) But I notice I only get it really bad when the baby is up in my ribs. I don't like taking medicine or anything if I can tough it out, so I just tough it out or start drinking a lot of water.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I get heartburn even when I don't eat, my doctor gave me a script for Protonix, its a LIFESAVER- pregnancy and heartburn, just one more thing that comes hand in hand!
    some say that the more heartburn you have the more hair your baby will have!
    hope its true~
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I constantly have heartburn and acid reflux... nothing really works for me. I eat rolaids like they are candy and I bet I go through a gallon of milk every two days... The milk helps for a little bit, but then it's back. I get it without even eating or drinking anything!! Shot, it wakes me up in the middle of the night!!! So if you find out anything that really works... let me know!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 1:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009