How many of you let you kids eat hard candy or food they could choke on in the car??

here is a story thankfully with a happy ending we need to be careful

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 12:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Read story here

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• WOW amazing, yeah we only give our kids fries in the car and 1 at a time. We had a scare as well with M&Ms so never again. That is an amazing story to read, but kind of scary if that guy wasn't there.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I NEVER let my children eat in the car, when it is moving anyway. That is an amazing story. So lucky. If i did let my kids eat in the car, I wouldn't anymore. Just glad that that man was there!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 1:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had something similar happen with my oldest years ago, he was between 1-2 years old and started choking on a tortilla chip (still have no clue where it came from). We were on the 405 freeway in LA at peak traffic, and he wasn't getting dislodged on his own. I stopped my car, luckily we were inching along, pulled him out of his seat and managed to get it out, but I had never been so scared in all my life. At first people were honking and yelling at me but once they realized what was happening they stopped.

I'm happy there was a happy ending.....
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't allow eating in my car

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I personally am extremely over protective over my girls and I personally do not like my kids eating in the care just for that reason. I don't even like certain foods being eaten at home. It is way to easy for children to choke. They way I see it is if an adult can choke on certain things then why would you give it to a child?
    conchita07

Answer by conchita07 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• well the reality of it is we can choke on anything we just need to be careful
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:29 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Cass Elliot choked to death on a chicken sandwich, but that's not why we don't eat chicken or white bread.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2009