Is it "normal to have some bleeding in your first trimester?

My daughter is 5 weeks and we had her to the emergencyroom for bleeding the other night.They told us it is not rare at all and she has to have her levels checked for the next few days.I am worried that she might be losing the baby.Can anyone ease my mind?

momto558

Asked by momto558 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It can be normal, or it could not be. I had a horrible case of bleeding at 6 weeks. I thought I was miscarrying. I went to the hospital and it was deemed a "threatened miscarriage" and I was told there was a 50/50 chance of not miscarrying. Well, I'll now be giving birth to my little girl in September :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:39 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• That is what they labled her's.How long did you bleed?This is day two but it is very light.
    momto558

Answer by momto558 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I had some bleeding at 5 weeks on through the end of my first trimester. They eventually decided I had a subchronic hematoma. Even though I stopped bleeding, it was still there and showed up on the pathology report for my placenta after I delivered my baby boy in April. He's doing great! So there is hope!
    blondie74

Answer by blondie74 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• "That is what they labled her's.How long did you bleed?This is day two but it is very light."

I PMed you back with all the details :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:57 AM on Jun. 22, 2008