Woman in the Mirror...

So, I have always been a HUGE MJ fan, even before his death. My all time favorite song from him is "Man in the Mirror" I don't think I have a playlist of personally burned CD anywhere without that song.

If you don't know the song this line sums up the whole thing: "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change"

So here is my question to all of you...
What change can you make to make the world a better place?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do as many random good deeds daily as I can. I smile at strangers. I try to send out as much positive energy as I can.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I always liked that song & especially the message. I think what I try to do to make the world a better place is to help people educate themselves & try to raise a daughter who will be a helpful member or society.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Nobody has to move a mountain all by themselves... and most of us don't have the time or money. But I find that donating blood, taking care of a stray animal, helping an elderly person load groceries into her car, or handing a few bucks to a homeless guy makes me feel like I've made a world of difference somehow. And you never know... maybe the stranger you let cut you in line at the grocery store will pay it forward and help someone else. Maybe that blood you donate will help save someone who will cure AIDS.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I recycle and i teach my children the importance of recycling and not littering. I try to go as chemical free as is possible for me. This makes the earth a healthier place to live. I also teach my children tolderance and even acceptance of others beliefs. (they dont have to agree but they can accept that others believe differently).
    I donate items to the local homeless shelter. I also give money or food to ppl staninding on cornors with signs. (as long as they arnt "usuals". i live in a small city. you can usually tell who has been doing this for a while and who's truly hit a hard time in life)
    I try to send out as much positive energy as possible.

In a couple years i'm hoping to get my children more invovled in voluneteer work.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I have always been a firm believer that while we can't change the world alone we can make the steps to change our part of it. I have always been a very negative person, I was just raised that way. But I am doing my best to change that. To become a more personable and posative example for others in my attitude toward life. I am active in a number of charities and will teach my children to do the same. I am also very active in the non-vax movement and in trying to spread religious education. I have always felt that only through education can hate end. I know I can't end hate alone. But I do my best to "light a fire" under others. And do my part to end hate in my life. Hopefully it will be catchy...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Have you been playing "Bloody Mary" again?
    Anonymous

• do away with politics. lol.

on a more serious note however.. there are a lot of things my family does to help try to at least make our corner of the world a better place. lol. I volunteer to help young mothers in my area. Donate to local charities, and help with benefits and other such fund raisers. I take care of my elderly grandfather and disabled uncle, do by part to try to have a greener planet. SO is a fireman, paid and volunteers for another company, as well as volunteers for Tri-Community Ambulances. Among a lot of other things.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• "Maybe that blood you donate will help save someone who will cure AIDS. "

I wish I could donate blood.. SO does.. but I can't because they don't want me passing out because I"m anemic.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am going to make the world a better place by doing God's will.
    God bless and praise Jesus!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• When I pray to the God and Goddess, I try to make a point of asking them to help guide me to something that will help me help the world. It was kinda funny one time when I did something like that, because a shredded plastic bag blew by me right after that. Since then I've started carrying the canvas bags. I used to stop and talk to people about it (and cloth diapers and all sorts of other eco-friendly things), and since then I've noticed people buying them (bags) when they're in line behind me and things like that. I try to talk to people randomly and smile at strangers. I've tried to donate blood, but everytime we've had a blood drive here I haven't been eligible (too young, pregnant, fresh piercing, etc. lol). I try to donate clothes that are still in really good condition to charities. I take in strays when I can. I try to encourage people who are feeling down. Basically, I try to do whatever I can to help the world.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009