eating disorder...

i have strugled with an eating disorder since i was 13... i am 19 now, i had recovered for a year (during the time i had gotten pregnant and had a healthy 8lb baby), after i had my baby i kinda fell back into my eating disorder... i was just wondering how many other mothers here have this disorder... and please dont bash I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE AN EATING DISORDER

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Health

• What type?
    I struggled/struggle with bulimia.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i have been diagnosed with anorexia
    Anonymous

• I at one time struggled with anorexia. What made it even harder was that people "gawked" at me because "they didn't think I needed to be worried about my weight". It's not always worrying about your weight. Mine was induced by stress and depression. It wasn't like I starved myself on purpose either. I just didn't eat. I didn't think about eating. I wasn't making myself NOT eat.
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• i do, i hate myself with every bite i take....
    Anonymous

• Right after both my kids were born I was no longer my normal skinny, always exercising size so I became bulimic but one day (after a few months) my throat hurt so bad that I just stopped throwing up. Now I'm over weight, it sucks!! I totally understand because it's so hard to diet and exercise for months just to drop a few pounds, it's easier to just have an eating disorder that helps us lose weight faster. I would choose to eat and throw it up over not eating at all, that is hard, I have no idea how you do it!
    Anonymous

• Ladies, I know you've probably heard it many times, but this is not healthy. I had a friend that was bulimic. She actually had to have surgery on her throat from where she threw up so much. Please see someone!!! I saw what she went through, and it's not pretty from the outside. I'm not trying to put you down, so please don't take it that way!
    usafwife314

Answer by usafwife314 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I am a recovering anorexic. I struggled off and on from the time I was 13. The lowest weight I ever got to was 85lbs, my only semester in college I did really well and gained 25lbs. I've been doing well for a year and a half now, 2 years since my all time low. But I'm 8 months pregnant and weight gain has been really hard on me. I have to actively make sure I am being healthy. If you want to talk feel free.
    ArmyWife9-2-08

Answer by ArmyWife9-2-08 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I was anorexic if you need support pm me
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• There is no need to bash someone that has any issues. Have you gone to counseling to help you deal with the eating disorder or to find out why you developed the eating disorder in the first place? Now, you have a very special reason to stay healthy, you beautiful baby that needs their wonderful, happy mommy!!!!! I wish you all the best.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• You need professional help. An eating disorder can kill you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009