Those of you who have shown your kids a path of God from an early age

did you have that minute you know they understand the power of God?

I lost a $70 check today. I prayed to God and asked Him to send St. Anthony to help me(St. Anthony is patron saint of loss items) I went back in my room and there was an envelope on my bed. It was not there when I left because I had just cleaned it off looking for the check. Well anyways, I picked it up and said oh, "thank God." My daughter yeah i asked Tony and God to bring the check back. She keeps yelling thank you God, thank you Tony.

Ok I am going to go spend my $70 now! I might her a St. Anthony medal!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe Saint Anthony helped me because God instructed him too. I understand not all of you believe that and I respect your right. I hope you can respect my right to believe it was with the help of St. Anthony. Besides this post was about my daughter learning to pray when she needs help. Did any of you notice that she thanked God as well?

as for it being on my bed...it wasn't because I had just cleaned my bed off looking for it.
    Anonymous

• You think that is understanding the power of God, or you think that is a great understanding for a small child?
    Anonymous

• Well I don't believe in saints and I tend to take a skeptical view of things like this. It would have been very easy for you to have laid that envelope down and forgotten you had done so. However, if God interviened it was God not a saint.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Answered at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 by: teamquinn
    However, if God interviened it was God not a saint.

Are you saying that God couldn't have used a saint to carry out His wishes to help her??? Why would you limit God in that way? I don't "believe" in asking saints for help either, but I certainly can't say that God DOESN'T or COULDN'T use "saints" if he so wished.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe that any saint found you your check. God did!!
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 7:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009