I thnk this is just plain out mean!!

how do you get a friend to cut her boys hair??

my friends lil boy is almost 2 never had a hair cut and looks like a girl.. she lets him get all sweaty and doesnt thing that if she cut his hair he would be a bit cooler..

he has beautiful blond curls and all but he get mistaken for a girl ALL the time..

I have told her and asked her and even offered to cut his hair and she says no.. she doesnt brush it or tie it back or anything. It looks bad and he is soooo sweaty and hot..

How do I get her to see she is tourturing that poor baby boy..

her excuse is if I cut it hes not my baby anymore... Com'on.. kids grow up but you cant make him suffer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest had BEAUTIFUL hair. cute and curly and just out of control. ...he got his first hair cut after his first birthday. and in my family it is tradition to keep the hair from the first hair cut. so that's exactly what we do.

And cutting his hair WILL help him stay cooler.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• For a boy, I feel it's important to cut his hair. He is going to grow up and if she's really upset about it, she can keep a few locks of his curly hair! That's what I did when I first cut my dd's hair!!! Poor boy!!! My daughter has long hair (down to the middle of her back at 20 mo) and if I don't tie it back or anything it drives her crazy!!! She always wears something in it... and your friend probably won't put anything in his hair because it would make him look "girlish" in her opinion. Does she complain about people calling him a her????
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It's her kid. And being sweaty is not the worst thing in the world. Let her parent the way she wants.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I don't think it is anyones place to decide if he needs a hair cut. So what if he gets mistaken for a girl, my son did to and he didn't care. Just because your preference would be for it to be short doesn't mean that that mom should cut his hair.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• umm why does she have to cut his hair.. to make YOU feel better?? psh why focus or care what others do.. 99% of the time we never agree with some one else
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 1:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Although it would personally drive me crazy if it were my child, I do know of people who let their little boys hair go for a long while. She will cut it when she (or he) gets ready. Sweaty looks uncomfortable, but it's not torture, really. Don't focus on it too much, let it go, especially if she's a good friend. JMHO.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• It's
    Not
    Your
    Choice.

Do you feel that every parent of a little girl with long hair is "torturing" their child by not cutting her hair, or only the boys?
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• she must be attatched to it and love it a lot. when it bothers him, he'll tell her and then she'll trim in. it's totally her right.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Didn't like the answers the first time you asked this question?

It still isn't your place to say or do anything. It's not your kid.
    Anonymous

• my cousin has a little boy who is 3 and his hair is long but they have it shaped so u can tell he's a boy if i have a boy he's going to have hair down to his shoulders
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009