for those of who with kids in daycare full time

I'm just a little curious how much you are paying. I am trying to be a nanny so I can stay home with my kids as well. I would like to give the parents a reason to pick me over a daycare and think a price break is the key. so how much do you pay now and how much would you pay an unlicensed person?

chases_mommy

Asked by chases_mommy at 1:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I pay 500 a month. When I looked at in home daycares they were 350-400 a month. At first I would have preferred an in home daycare, but most of the women I talked to were really weird about letting me come and check it out ahead of time. I had one women tell me I couldn't come when the kids were (which I understood) and that she didn't feel safe having me come when she was alone. Another one said she wasn't comfortable with me poking around her house. It's not like I wanted to go through her closets or anything! Most of the others were full or just didn't return my calls. The impression I got was that they didn't have any trouble filling the spots.

My SIL lives in another state and her daycare charges almost what mine does.  I would definitely look into your local prices.  Good Luck!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would call around in your area to see what the going rate is, and make your decision from there. Where I live $75-$90 a week may be normal, but 200 miles from here, my relative pays almost $200 per week.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• My daughter is in the 2 year old class and I pay $165 a week.

I would not pay anyone who was not licensed unless it was just babysitting. That license just adds an extra lay of comfort for me. It means you have CPR probably and childcare training.

Usually people pay more for a nanny. It's typically cheaper for the day care because multiple children help pay the teachers wages.
    Anonymous

• I live right outside Philly in Chester County, PA. I pay $200 a week!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009