Boarding schools for troubled teens

Does any one have any recommendations for good boarding schools in the south for girls with behavioral issues? I've looked into the websites with lists, but Im looking for personal experiences. If you know someone or have been to one yourself, I'd love to hear your thoughts. If you merely have an opinion on them, not based on personal experience, please don't bother replying. Thanks!

bvona

Asked by bvona at 1:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My dad went to boarding school. It REALLY messed him up. Made him even more angry! To this day he WILL not talk to his mom or dad and he is 53. I would REALLY REALLLLY research before you do it!

Anonymous

• I have a friend whose parents sent her to one. As soon as she got out she made up for lost time and did drugs and partied and got knocked up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2009

• talk to your daughter about it first. make sure she understands why you are doing it and make sure she understands its not a punishment but more a tool to help her otherwise when she gets out she feel resentment. I dont have any personal experiences with that kind of boarding school as all my children go to prep schools sorry :/
    Anonymous