for those of with kids in daycare full time

I'm just a little curious how much you are paying. I am trying to be a nanny so I can stay home with my kids as well. I would like to give the parents a reason to pick me over a daycare and think a price break is the key. so how much do you pay now and how much would you pay an unlicensed person? thanks

chases_mommy

Asked by chases_mommy at 1:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take my DS to a baby sitter every day she watched maybe 6 or 7 other kids varying in age I pay 1.50 an hour. so it turns out to be like 50-75 a week sometimes my DH is home and can watch him. but time that by 6 so like 350 a week its not bad pay!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Wow I wish I only paid $50-$75! We pay $185/week, the cheapest I could find for home daycare. She is actually increasing her rates next month to $195/week. But we are in So Cal where everything is expensive. For child care centers the cheapest I found was $330/week!! But I like his day care, and I actually went to HS with the lady's daughter so I know her somewhat and she has a few part time helpers that come and are really good with the kids, so for a "cheap" home daycare I'm pretty satisfied.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I pay nearly $900/mos. for a full-time church daycare center. It is worth it, as the center is licensed and both women in the infant room have been there for 15+ years. My DH actually went there as a kid. HOwever, I would pay much less for someone unlicensed. I'd say I'd pay about 125/wk for that. In my area, that seems to be the going rate for in-home daycares.
    Anonymous