Disposible Diaper Question

Ok, so what brand of disposible diaper is best for a 1 year old boy with a big ol' bottom? :)

Seriously, with my stepbabies we used Pampers Cruisers, so when I bought a package of disposibles recently for a trip (I usually use cloth) that's what I bought and the stupid things gave him a wedgie.

Is there a brand that's perhaps cut a little wider in the behind that I should try when the need arises again?

Avarah

Asked by Avarah at 1:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Our chunks did well in Luvs.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would try huggies or maybe Luvs, my friends kid wears those and he has a semi-round butt
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• try huggies or luvs and go by his weight!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I use huggies, but maybe you need a bigger size?
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I thought of that, Amanda, but he's at the lower end of the size 4 range (he's 25 lbs or thereabouts).

I was thinking about Luvs based on their advertising. I just don't want to leave it to the last minute and find out that I've gotten myself a dud. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I went up in size depending on how much the diaper would hold not size. Our lil guy should where at 2t-3t but we buy the 3t-4t. Based on weight isnt an option when the diaper wont hold the mess he makes or the fluids he passes.
    valentinemama

Answer by valentinemama at 2:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Honestly the best diapers are target brand I swear they're cheaper and they work the best. We were buying huggies and one day we went to target and they were out of our son's size so we ended up with a small target bag just to pass the time until we could get huggies and OMG they worked great. Huggies would sometimes leave marks on our son and target brand doesn't and they give you more for less! Our son is 2 and he's been wearing size 6 since he turned 1. You should go with size 5 or 6 but most likely size 6. Best brand ever!!!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I think luvs work good for bigger bottomed babies.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Huggies rock because they have a stretchy back that accomodates a biggy bottom. DS use to have poop volcanoes all the time before Huggies.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 4:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Have you considered cloth? You can really find a customized fit that way.
    Anonymous