when you get hire a babysitter, do you give them food restrictions, or do you say, help yourself!

I was always told to help myself... But a friend reciently told me that the family she sits for actually took money FROM her promised payment amount because she had a pop and ate some chips and a fruit snack!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's messed up! I don't hire babysitters yet but I think I would let them eat. As long as they weren't eating me out of house and home lol but a pop and some chips is nothing!
    Anonymous

• WOW thats crazy, I don't care how much I'm paying someone if they're sitting in my home watching MY children they can eat whatever they please. They're doing ME a huge favor so in my opinion that is just rude. I would never do that, it's help your self in my house. If I can afford a babysitter I can afford for them to eat as well. When I was younger I was even given extra money to buy pizza or snacks from the store. Thats like working a normal job and they don't give you a lunch break, how rude!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I would have a drawer in the fridge just 4 the babysitter to last the week (if she were to come on a regular basis) How can I have someone in my home and deny them food??
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I'm the same way, if a person is willing to sit in my home all day, she is welcomed to eat whatever she would like, occasionally I'll have something planned like a cheese try for a party and Ill say thats for a party, but if you want some, just make sure you reseal it.
    but NEVER would I deny them food-I get the economy is ruff, but if you can't feed your babysitter, than call your mother to watch the child!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• That is terrible! I hope she won't be babysitting for them again.
    Personally, if I ever had to hire a sitter, I would ask what their favorite snacks were and buy them plus some extra things and tell them to have fun. When I got home I would put what I knew they liked into a bag and insist they take them home as an extra thank you. Teens LOVE their snack foods! LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I always make sure I tell them to help themselves to whatever they want. If there is something I wouldn't want them to eat, I would hide it!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• help yourself and the kids get one snack before bed.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• That is odd! I've always let them eat what they wanted.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had a babysitting thing going on when I was fourteen through sixteen. I had my first aid and cpr test too so moms liked that and because of that I got more jobs than other girls, lol. I eventually had to share some of the jobs because there were too many. Anyway I would ask the parents if there was anything that was completely off limits like movies, food, whatever. If there was they would tell me but they never had issues with me eating their stuff...seemed like its the perk for babysitting, right? Also I had to cook for the kids...was I not supposed to eat ..... so yeah. I don't think it's fair what your friend did to that girl again. Bet that babysitter won't come sit for her again.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 7:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Oh, and I don't have a babysitter lined up yet because my mom watches them during the day while I'm at work and their dad too. We aren't together so we share nights and weekends, lol it sounds funny when I put it that way. So we really don't need a sitter other than my mom. Which is nice, glad I don't have to worry about what kind of influence my kids are around. Some teen girls...well I don't want mine within ten miles of them....
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 7:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009