Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help?

Let me start off by saying my sons father is a good dad and he has been in his life since day one. But he doenst always make good the past he has put his hands on my and i had to get a restraing order on we have not been together since then..he has been watching are son since he doesnt work and i did but a few weeks he got drunk and got beat up badly so i had 2 call in and let my job know what was going on and they let me go now i have no money, and i have 3 more days left in my apartment.i bought a plane ticket to florida for dirt cheap..But I am now second guessing myself ..his dad doesnt no i am leaving and he thinks everything is fine..i am starting to feel a little guilty but if i stay here i will be misirable and will have to live in a shelter and start from scratch because of him I really want to leave and be happy i have talked about leaving in the past and he didnt agree? So what would u do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • I would runnnn! Get out dont second guess yourself you are doing the right thing by leaving goodluck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • if ur going then go but u can get in trouble for taking his son...if my SO ranoff with our baby id put his ass in prison for kidnapping.

    Answer by Dom123123 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • Get out while you can!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • go and get your life together. Let him get his together. Then you can decide if you want to reconnect with him. Meanwhile take care of yourself.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • I don't think it's considered kidnapping if you have custody of your own child and you leave with them. Anyway she can just explain it to the authorities that she felt that she and the child were in danger. I think she should leave.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • You can always say its a vacation or you went down there to visit and see what opportunities were there.

    But, you can get in some form of trouble if you move without consent, if he pushes the issue. It might just be you have to go to court.

    Good luck though. I'd be doing the same thing if my next place would be a shelter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • Your doing the right thing...GO!

    Answer by robinann5 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • I agree with 2;59 go with

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

  • Run and go-if he cared he would work-I have been in a similar situation-if you have to start from scratch then do it-it will make you a stronger woman not weaker. Today I have raised my to kids with no financial help from they're dead beat dad and this is what I told my kids-i did my best with what i had-I worked hard and was able to give them a roof and clothes and food andlots of love knowing that we were safe in our home. When they are young they won't understand-for awhile I was the bad guy-as they grew up they knew what i did was right. I did not stop them from having contact with their dad but they understood that i had nothing to do with him. Be STRONG!

    Answer by debbiewebbie at 6:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.