Has anyone ever gotten a bad lot of diapers? Ones that are chronically breaking or defective?

I bought a box of Huggies Supreme a few weeks ago, just like I do every month or so and every day, one of these diapers breaks at the tap. It just pulls right off. Its happened to me before and its usually several out of a bag. Usually they all come from the same lot. This time, we threw away probably 10 diapers out of the box because the tabs just pulled off. My son kept saying.."broke". I had originally thought it was just that one diaper, but then it was another, then another, then another. I ended up just using them all, but I wonder if the store would ever let me exchange those? Has this ever happened to anyone?

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 2:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I got bad diapers before, but never returned them. I'd bet the only way you'd get a refund or any compensation would be to either save the defective ones and try at the store, with a receipt and the lot number - or - write to Huggies. That would probably get you better results. Maybe they'll send you a coupon for free diapers or some good coupons. Good luck!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I had this happen and with huggies too. I called and they sent me a coupon for more of their crappy diapers. I just ended up switching but if you call and send in your receipt they will give you a refund.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• This has happened to you before with the same brand? Why did you keep buying them? I would try to get the store to replace them, or at least call the customer service line on the diaper pack/box.
    Anonymous

• I use pampers & always have, occasionally i come across a bad one but maybe 8 or so in the last 18 months. I would switch brands.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Its only happened maybe 3 times in the last 3 1/2 years that Ive been using them. Just here and there. I ve tried every other brand and none of them work for us like Huggies. I ve always used Luvs but with my last child, for some reason, they leaked. Then we tried pampers and those leaked too. The huggies seem the thickest and each kid is different. So NO, I dont have chronic problems with them, but once in a blue moon, I will get a bad batch. Its that way with every brand, not just huggies. I might try sending them an email. Hes close to being potty trained so our diaper use will be going down soon. I refuse to buy store brand diapers. They leak too.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2009