Zapped by a light switch and 32 weeks pregnant, could it be harmful??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Believe it or not I did the exact same thing when I was pregnant. I didn't do anything. My son is happy and healthy. Ask your doctor if your worried, but I think it will be fine.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Aww! Well, when I was pregnant with my 1st child, my dog chewed up a cord to a light unbeknownst to me, so when I went to plug it in I got a little electric shock in my pinky. I freaked but she was fine and I was too. If you're really worried about it call the doc especially if the baby isn't moving like he or she normally does.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I also got zapped by a frig., when I was about 30 weeks or so. This was with my 3 rd child, and he's 19 now. Nothing was wrong, he's a "normal" teenager! LOL I used to always tell him the story of how I got zapped and tell him that was why he was so smart!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• We had a stove eye that was defective and I got a major shock at around 31 weeks. It was the kind that actually holds you for a second before it lets go. I was scared, and went to the ER but the baby was fine! He just moved a LOT more than normal for a bit, but then settled down. They said it didn't even effect him other than the adrenaline I released lol. You should be fine :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2009